December 6, 2010

Pats Vs Jets Tonight

Patriots vs Jets , MNF, December, Division Title and home field advantage all on the line tonight. This is a must win for both teams. Interesting point though which team would be able to survive the loss and rebound for playoffs? I would give the edge to the Pats. The Jets are very emotional, very confident and very success oriented. The Pats are business like, even keel and just show more professionalism as a group. Don't get me wrong I love Rex Ryan saying we are going up there to kick @ss mentality but the consequence of not delivering is far more weighted on his side than on the Pats.

I have to stand by my prediction of a Pats victory  by 2 scores. I think it will be close in the first half but then will come the Belichick adjustments. Think about this. With Randy Moss gone they almost nullify Revis Would they stick him on Branch? Welker? Tate? It doesn't matter. At best they can only attempt to take away a side of the field. If I am Bill I am overloading that side mixing in under over routes and throwing to that side anyway because he can't be in two places at once.

If I were Ryan I would scheme 3 defenses. One for the first half and then another for the 3rd quarter and another in the 4th. Blitz on first downs as often as they can to get them into second and longs. Make them one dimensional.

Let's see how tonight unfolds.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment