December 21, 2010

Donovvan McNabb Money or Something Else?

In one of the weirdest comments I have heard today, Donovan McNabb wants to stay a Redskin. I do want to be back here, I look for good things to happen here with the Redskins," McNabb said in a paid weekly appearance with EPSN-980 AM (via CSN Washington). Is it good things in Washington or the money driving McNabb? Hmm...


If you worked at a job and your boss told you that you were no longer going to manage the team, we need to go in a different direction. Would you want to enter the fold because you thought good things were going to happen or would your recently signed contract be a cause for such a decision. I an not judging McNabb but at some point if you want people to treat you with respect and in the way you view yourself, you have to represent what you are and who you want to be. Donovan is doing himself no favors by not saying outright I want to start in the NFL for any other team than the Redskins. My teammates are great and are not the cause for this comment. I just believe that at this point in my career I have options and I look forward to exercising them. In my opinion he would be better off with that kind of statement than taking the high road. He's been walked on by T.O., the Eagles and now the Redskins. At some point you need to stand up for what you believe in. Maybe in this case its millions of dollars in a contract. Time will tell. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment