December 19, 2010

Heat On Fire

The Miami Triangle
Don't look now but the Miami Heat are on "fire". Winners of their last 12 and that early slump way behind them in the rear view mirror now standing at 21-8. I was an early critic of the "Miami Triangle", thought Riley would be on the bench coaching by now but I was wrong. The Heat are clicking and could put a run together that may see them enter the all time status of 33 in a row. Next up for the Heat are the Dallas Mavericks at home who are 9-1 in their past 10 and later in the week they have the Lakers. Kobe and company will try to take down the Heat.

I think the more interesting aspect of the Christmas day match up is what the two teams will get to learn about each other. The Heat are a new entity 3 All Star caliber players on the same team all at the top of their game. The Lakers lead by world beater Kobe Bryant, "The Spaniard" Pau Gasol and Mr. Reliable Derek Fisher. A new team vs a battle hardened team. If I were coaching the Lakers I would want to see where the weakness is on the Heat, coaching, physical or mental? If I were coaching the Heat I wouldn't want to tip my hand but more importantly I would want to take away a piece of the formula for the Lakers and see how they respond. Stopping Gasol would be my plan of attack. Either way the game is going to give one of the teams a very nice Christmas present.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment